Its the middle of the summer of 2022 and while COVID restrictions have been eased or even totally removed there are still plenty of rules and regulations to follow on Hollywood Beach. Although the city itself may have some new ordinances (or even old ones) that are not posted yet, today we wanted to look at some of the signs that are scattered throughout the beach area and Broadwalk on Hollywood Beach.
This includes areas to the North (Just south of the Dania Pier) and all the way South to areas of public beach around the Summit Towers Condos and just North of Hallandale Beach Blvd.
Welcome to Hollywood Beach
The following rules and regulations are in place for your safety (Reference Chapters 97 & 99 of the City of Hollywood Code of Ordinances)
- Pets are prohibited on the beach and Broadwalk (there is a dog-friendly beach in the North area between Sheridan St. and Dania Beach Blvd.)
- Scooters and motorized vehicles are prohibited on the Broadwalk
- Skateboards are prohibited on the Broadwalk and parks
- Bicycling is permitted along designated bike path only
- Consuming alcohol and using glass containers is prohibited in public areas
- Use of tables of any kind is prohibited along the beach
- Open flames and barbeques are prohibited along the Broadwalk and beach
- No smoking allowed
- No food or beverages may be placed upon or near the Broadwalk wall
- Umbrellas, tents or canopies may not exceed 10 feet in width and must be placed at least 10 feet from another umbrella, tent or canopy
- Coolers may not exceed a length of 36 inches or a capacity of 75 quarts (and remember, no styrofoam)
- Please do not litter (there are trash cans everywhere, please use them)
- Swimming is permitted only within 50 yards of shore
- A “Diver Down” flag must be used when snorkeling or scuba diving
- Thank you for not using balloons on the Beach. They can be harmful to marine life
- Please do not feed the birds
These rules are posted at many places along the beach, specifically in the central beach area (which is the most populous area of Hollywood Beach). Every shower and street end has a sign along with some additional reminders posted with flags along the light poles and even some waste containers.
Know before you go!