The Sheridan Bridge Construction is complete.
In late October, the roadway opened for all vehicular, pedestrian and bicycle traffic both East and West bound. While there is still some construction scheduled for late nights during November 2022. These bridge closures will be temporary and only between the hours of 11pm to 7am.
The bridge renovation project included:
• Installing bicycle-friendly/anti-slip walking plates along the bridge moveable spans
• Removing existing curb and adding a 4-foot traffic railing between the sidewalk and roadway
• Removing and replacing the outer pedestrian railing
• Adding new pedestrian gates in each direction
• Renovating the existing tender house
• Upgrading electrical and mechanical components, and access platforms on the bridge